Nokia and Intel's joint project MeeGo (Maemo 5 and Moblin) has officially hit 1.0. The release provides developers with a stable core foundation for application development and rich user experience for Netbooks. The release cycle has been planned for every 6 months. The developers have also released the MeeGo API which includes Qt 4.6, the MeeGo SD, and various other operating system tools. For more user features and download link click read more.
The MeeGo User Experience includes:
- Visually rich Netbook user experience, building on the latest open source technologies.
- Instant access to your synchronized calendar, tasks, appointments, recently used files and real-time social networking updates through the home screen.
- Aggregation of your social networking content. This allows you to save your social networking activities on one screen, easily interact with your friends, and update your status and site information.
- For a fast and rich internet experience the MeeGo Netbook user experience intergrates Google Chrome, or if you prefer a fully open source browser solution, Google Chromium is also provided. Soon the developers will be releasing the MeeGo Handset User experience which will use the Fennec Mozilla Browser.
- Easily to use applications for email, calendar, and media player.
- Highly optimized for power and performance.